CIS 438 Week 7 Assignment 3 Intellectual Property Laws and Security Measures Latest Work
CIS 438 Week 7 Assignment 3 Intellectual Property Laws and Security Measures
Assignment 3: Intellectual Property Laws and Security Measures
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
Intellectual property law is a major issue facing organizations, and many organizations have been fined significant amounts for violations of intellectual property law. As an information security manager in an IT consulting company, your executive management team is concerned about the potential intellectual property violations in the organization. To address these concerns, they have asked you to develop an intellectual property policy to implement within the organization.
Develop a two to four (2-4) page policy in which you:
1. Provide an overview of intellectual property law.
2. Describe who the policy applies to.
3. Create policy, standards, and guidelines concerning:
4. Ownership of company material
4. Develop intellectual property violation reporting procedures.
5. Develop intellectual property infringement ramifications.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze intellectual property laws.
• Use technology and information resources to research legal issues in information security.
• Write clearly and concisely about information security legal issues and topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.